This month I turned sixty-four years old. I am feeling my age these days. Not always, just sometimes. I still like to learn new things and stay active, but
You know your getting old when:
- your back goes out more often than you do.
- old people start attending your class reunions
- you had to learn how to parallel park for your driver’s test
- you never heard of anyone on today’s music/movie scene
- you no longer stay up for New Year’s Eve celebrations
- you no longer stay up later than ten- really nine thirty
- you don’t care what others think
- most of your books are older than the kids you teach
- police and doctors look like they’re twelve
- you talk to yourself
- you talk back to yourself- out loud
- some of this technology is intimidating
Oh well, the other option is worse! Why do we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway? Life is interesting.